Sunday 15 April 2018

Auteur Presentation Reflection

Auteur Presentation-Reflection

My presentation was based on David Fincher and the Auteur Theory. The presentation included a good explanation of  what the auteur theory is and I mentioned Andre Bazin, the man who created the theory and other people who developed the theory such as Francois Traffaut. However I didn't include any quotations about the auteur theory, which would have provided more detail because this would have displayed different views and opinions of the auteur theory. For example I could have included this quote by Alan Parker, "I always argued against the auteur theory; films are a collaborative art form. I've had some fantastically good people help me make the movies," which would have portrayed a different view to the auteur theory.

In the presentation I stated many signature trademarks and themes that are reflected in David Fincher's films, such as, revenge and the significant use of yellow and blue and computer-generated imagery. I also discussed the journey's within his films and how significant they are too them because many of the films consist of a main individual character who is on quest, however the ending is a mystery to the audience and whether the audience, along with the character discover the answer or not, the journey to this, is what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment